Saturday, September 6, 2014

Among the first stops on this trip...


If you have not seen proper Top Gear, you need to watch it. It doesn't matter if you don't care about cars - that's not really the point of watching the show. The show itself does teach you about cars and what to look for and what is good and bad about cars hardly anyone will ever be able to afford - but the real reason to watch the show is to watch the British version of the three stooges act like...well, the three stooges. They are hilarious. And the Alabama episode was really no exception.

Ever since I saw the episode, I've wanted to know where that gas station was. Of course, back when this was filmed, hardly anyone knew what (proper) Top Gear was. You've got to wonder if anyone clued in the woman working at the gas station in years since. Still, I found out that the gas station is:
 State Line Convenience Gas Station
32485 Us Highway 90, Seminole, AL 36574
Cross Streets: Between County Road 91 and Donovan Dr
(251) 946-2080

I need to stop there just to get gas. I must see this gas station for myself. Since this was the route the Top Gear guys took from Florida to New Orleans, it doesn't seem too terrible bad to take as well. (And yes, I plan on taking a route that will take me down towards Florida from Maryland. However, it won't be i-95 most of the way. I want to stop in Blacksburg, VA and then in Asheville, NC, and probably just go a couple hours south of that to end up near Clemson in SC. From there, I'll make my way to this gas station.)

After New Orleans, I plan on going to the one state I've been to that scares me to death - Arkansas. I used to live in Mississippi and you did not cross over that bridge going from Memphis into Arkansas. I did it once and ...no. Just no. However, I really want to visit the Crater of Diamonds State Park where you get to dig for diamonds. And the State Park is in Arkansas. So, I'm going to forget every story I've heard and seen for myself about Arkansas and go to the park. Because you know, diamonds! Everybody loves diamonds!




No comments:

Post a Comment